Idaho Fly Fishers Blog

Big Y Fly Company

Big Y Fly Company
><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> 10% OFF CALLIBAETIS <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <><

About Me

My photo
Discussing fishing flies, trout flies, salmon flies, fly fishing gear and equipment, Idaho and Montana fishing rivers, NW rivers, fly tying and fly fishing trips. Over 50 years experience in fly fishing, best flies, fly tying, fly fishing techniques, fish stories, directions to rivers and lakes and great fly fishing tall tales with special communications from area guides.

Blog Usage and Invitation to Join

HOW TO USE THIS BLOG:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GUIDES GET FREE ADVERTISING - Submit stories and photos from your
guide/personal trips which will ALL be placed on our "GUIDES' / FISH
STORIES PAGE
" and "EMAIL QUESTIONS". Allow for some editing and don't forget your
contact information.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 - The same blog header appears on each page, so please scroll down.
2 - If you like the Idaho Fly Fishers, JOIN OUR BLOG AT TOP OF RIGHT HAND
COLUMN !!!
3 - Check the box below each post and click "comments" to add your
thoughts.
4 - Go to our QUICKVIEW BLOG POST RETRIEVAL page for easy catogorized access to all of our
posts (CLICK HERE).
5 - For GREAT fly fishing photos go to Photo Headers
or Fly Fishers Photos.
6 - If you would like to have posts emailed without joining, enter your email
into the box direcely below revolving globe (right hand column). Your email
will not be shared!
7- AND PERHAPS THE MOST IMPORTANT! As we write more posts, it may be difficult
for you to find what you want. In the upper left is a blogger search box. Type
in your search desire, such as "Bull River
Montana
" and see where it takes you.




Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Jack Daniels Fishing Story

"A Jack Daniels Fishing Story" is posted by the YellowStoneFly ftom the Idaho Fly Fishers blog. It was a gift from one of my email buddies listed below. He knew JD was my flavor of choice.

"I went fishing this morning, but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. "Frogs are good bass bait," I thought to myself.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket. Just then, I realized I had a problem: how was I going to release the snake without getting bit? So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. The snake's eyes rolled back and he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge at my foot. There was that same snake with two more frogs in its mouth. Life is good in the South."

My thanks to my friend Tom for this tall, southern tale and his southern charm. Happy father's day Tom and may you enjoy many more Miller Lites in paradise.

The following is not a tall tale. My brother and I were once fishing near Columbus, Georgia and had caught a whole stringer of bluegill. You should have seen his expression when he grabbed the stringer to take home to our mom and found a large cottonmouth attached to the bottom fish. The point is; there are other creatures than humans that like sushi. So, be careful.


Come fly fish northern Idaho and I guarantee you there will be no poisonous snakes with which you have to deal. Come to think of it, fly fishing in northern Idaho also has the advantage of fewer mosquito bites as well. Now there are bear, moose, mountain lion and other critters occasionally, but you only have to be able to run fast. 


The Idaho Angler (IdahoAngler@live.com)

         Bull River Hogs
         Clark Fork River - ID, MT 

No comments:

Post a Comment