Idaho Fly Fishers Blog

Big Y Fly Company

Big Y Fly Company
><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> Sale ><> 10% OFF CALLIBAETIS <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <>< Sale <><

About Me

My photo
Discussing fishing flies, trout flies, salmon flies, fly fishing gear and equipment, Idaho and Montana fishing rivers, NW rivers, fly tying and fly fishing trips. Over 50 years experience in fly fishing, best flies, fly tying, fly fishing techniques, fish stories, directions to rivers and lakes and great fly fishing tall tales with special communications from area guides.

Blog Usage and Invitation to Join

HOW TO USE THIS BLOG:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GUIDES GET FREE ADVERTISING - Submit stories and photos from your
guide/personal trips which will ALL be placed on our "GUIDES' / FISH
STORIES PAGE
" and "EMAIL QUESTIONS". Allow for some editing and don't forget your
contact information.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 - The same blog header appears on each page, so please scroll down.
2 - If you like the Idaho Fly Fishers, JOIN OUR BLOG AT TOP OF RIGHT HAND
COLUMN !!!
3 - Check the box below each post and click "comments" to add your
thoughts.
4 - Go to our QUICKVIEW BLOG POST RETRIEVAL page for easy catogorized access to all of our
posts (CLICK HERE).
5 - For GREAT fly fishing photos go to Photo Headers
or Fly Fishers Photos.
6 - If you would like to have posts emailed without joining, enter your email
into the box direcely below revolving globe (right hand column). Your email
will not be shared!
7- AND PERHAPS THE MOST IMPORTANT! As we write more posts, it may be difficult
for you to find what you want. In the upper left is a blogger search box. Type
in your search desire, such as "Bull River
Montana
" and see where it takes you.




Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ode to my "Baby Girl" (3/26/2000-2/27/2013)

It is with a heavy heart that I am writing this post. Today I had to say goodbye to my "baby girl" of almost 13 years. She came to us in the spring of 2000. She was unbelievably cute. One of  the most gorgeous little things I had ever seen. So full of life and love it makes me cry to think of those days.

When she was just a little thing, she would jump into my lap with her tiny feet, barely indenting my jeans as I sat there watching the evening news. She would run and play and I would get tired just looking at her. As she grew, my lap got smaller and smaller. Her feet grew larger and by the time she was sixty pounds, it was a struggle just letting her stand on me. She filled our lives with such joy that I cannot describe.

When her brothers Bosley and Cooper came along, she took them into the fold as she would have her own children. And, until she got sick, she was "in charge" and protected them with her life. Always willing to play even as she aged. Until the very end, she would let the little one hang from her neck and never would make a sound. She loved them deerly!

When I would get home, she would always greet me with a spring in her step and would often curl up next to me at night letting me know everything was alright. Her love was unconditional. I always thought that I was caring for her, when in fact she was caring for me. Without Lou, my life would have been totally incomplete. I WILL MISS HER SO!

Just yesterday she took her final walk with us and her brothers on a short trail overlooking Lake Pend O'reille, ID. There is a beautiful and quiet bluff. This was her area of National Park. We hope to spread her ashes next to the park bench where she used to love to lay in the sunshine and rest before continuing down the mountain home. With everything that is happening in the world and country today, I sincerely hope Lou's final resting place will always remain as pristine as it is today and was yesterday. Her final day.

Never in a million years did I think I would feel this sad. When the tumor on her shoulder began to grow rapidly, I knew the end was near. But I never could have prepared myself for her loss. I only wish I could express in prose what she has meant to me.

Very few will read this, but I have advise for you all. Watch more sunsets, really feel the snow flakes and raindrops on your face, hug your children and grandchildren. Tell them that you love them. They or you will be gone sooner than you think. Fly fish, golf, hike and make love to your wife as often as you can.

Yes, today I had to put to sleep my beloved dog Sheba Lou, You will be missed and thought of forever. Blessings to you and I will see you again soon.

Hard takes and tight lines forever to you all.

IdahoAngler@live.com

No tags today!

My "baby girl" is pictured below. She was beautiful don't you think?

Sheba Lou in her younger years!

My favorite group shot/ My wife Kandi, Cooper on left.
Baby Bosley in the middle. Sheba on the right.

Sheba Lou on 2/26/2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment